For the unemployed, one of the largest components that determine the amount you pay each year for auto insurance is where you normally keep your vehicle. Cities with larger populations or higher claim trends tend to have higher rates, whereas areas with lower crime rates and fewer weather claims tend to receive cheaper rates.
The illustration below shows the highest-priced places in Nevada for unemployed drivers in which to purchase auto insurance. Henderson is ranked at #8 costing $1,767 for car insurance, which is about $147 monthly.
|Rank||City||Average Per Year|
|6||North Las Vegas||$1,900|
|Quote Best Rates Go|
Annual rates are approximated as the specific Henderson residence address can modify coverage rates considerably.
The type of vehicle on the policy is a large factor in finding low-priced coverage for unemployed drivers. Vehicles with high performance features, poor passenger safety features, or a high likelihood of having liability claims will cost quite a bit more to insure than more modest models. The table below shows coverage costs for the cheaper automobiles to insure.
|Vehicle Insured||Estimated Cost for Full Coverage|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,856|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$2,014|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$2,132|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$2,153|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$2,240|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$2,249|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$2,265|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$2,308|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$2,351|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$2,357|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$2,361|
|Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$2,388|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$2,404|
|Get a Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can change coverage prices substantially.
Based upon the rates shown, you can expect makes and models like the Ford Escape, Volkswagen Jetta, Honda CR-V, Chevrolet Impala, and Ford Explorer will be a few of the less-costly vehicles to insure for the unemployed.
Violations and accidents raise rates
In a perfect world, the best way to obtain low auto insurance premiums in Henderson for the unemployed is to drive attentively and avoid accidents and traffic citations. The information below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can increase insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
The chart shows that the average cost of an auto insurance policy per year with no accidents and a clean driving record is $1,103. Receive one speeding ticket and the average cost hikes up to $1,270, an increase of $168 each year. Now add one accident along with the one speeding ticket and the yearly cost of auto insurance for unemployed drivers goes up to an average of $1,728. That’s an increase of $626, or $52 per month, just for a couple of infractions!
Discounts on Henderson insurance
Auto insurance companies that provide coverage for unemployed drivers may also provide special discounts that can reduce rates by 25% or more if you are eligible for them. The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, passive restraint, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, driver training, five-year accident-free, military active duty, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- 21st Century offers discounts including air bags, 55 and older, student driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts for good driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, air bag, good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, and multi-car.
The example below compares insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles.
The first bar for each age group shows the average annual price with no discounts. The lower bar shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, anti-theft, defensive driving course, multiple policy, and vehicle safety discounts applied. When drivers qualify for the discounts, the average savings per year on auto insurance for unemployed drivers is 27% or $424.
If you like to get some guidance when shopping around for cheaper insurance for unemployed drivers, the agents shown below are willing to help you determine which coverages are best. To find an auto insurance agency near you, click the button at the bottom of the list or click here to compare price quotes now.
- Dino DeGregorio – State Farm Insurance Agent
3037 W Hrzn Rg Pkwy Ste 100 – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 982-0696
- J.J. Tucker – State Farm Insurance Agent
10890 S Eastern Ave #115 – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 616-1000
- Henry Crockett II – State Farm Insurance Agent
2986 St Rose Pkwy #150 – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 489-9999
- Nikkol Jackson Insurance Agency
701 N Green Valley Pkwy #200 – Henderson, NV 89074 – (702) 451-9799
Tips for buying the cheapest insurance for unemployed drivers
Below you’ll find a few penny-pinching solutions that can help Nevada drivers locate cheap auto insurance.
- Prevent rate increases by staying accident-free
- Raise your physical damage coverage deductibles
- Violations and traffic tickets increase rates
- Higher credit scores may earn you cheaper rates
- Earn discounts for being claim-free
- Bundle home and auto and earn a discount
- Check for cheaper rates once a year
The last idea is certainly critical, as was pointed out in this write-up. Car insurance rates adjust often, so don’t be hesitant to buy from a new company if a lower-cost policy is available. We understand brand loyalty, but it’s not a great idea if that loyalty results in overpaying several hundred dollars every year. It only take a few minutes to compare rates to find cheaper car insurance for unemployed drivers in Henderson.