It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find better pricing on Chevy Impala insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies who provide car insurance in Henderson. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and bad credit can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover tips to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. View rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Henderson consumers could save an average of $550 each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around.
Finding a better price on insurance is a great way to save money. Consumers just need to spend a little time comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Henderson, NV. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Insurance coverage analysis
The rate table shown below showcases a range of insurance policy prices for Chevy Impala models. Having insight into how insurance quotes are established is important for making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific Henderson garaging location which can affect coverage rates significantly.
Safe drivers Henderson pay cheaper rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can drive up Chevy Impala insurance prices for each different age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Age, gender, and Chevrolet Impala insurance
The example below compares Chevy Impala insurance prices for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why you need insurance for your Chevy Impala
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chevy Impala but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto insurance – Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, doctor visits and prosthetic devices. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/10 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, bail bonds, medical services and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Nevada requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Nevada limits are 15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your Impala resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Impala to bring the cost down.