It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who shop around once a year will presumably move their business because there are good odds of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is why you’re here, then understanding the best way to quote and compare car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to save on car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in Henderson. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, read about coverages and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Henderson is really not that difficult. If you already have coverage or just want to reduce your rates, follow these tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. You only need to know the proper methods to compare insurance rates on the web.
Best Kia Sorento insurance rate quotes in Nevada
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Henderson, NV. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in NV, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Kia Sorento insurance in Henderson
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few need to be specially asked for before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow their insurance company to study driving patterns by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century has savings for automatic seat belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, teen driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple autos, good student, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, anti-theft, business or organization, multi-policy, family plan, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance offers discounts including anti-theft, good student, homeowner, claim free, good driver, and multi-car.
- The Hartford includes discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers with significant discounts in Henderson, click here to view.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
It’s important that you understand the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better insurance rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the major factors companies use to determine your rates.
Save by driving less – The more you drive every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your insurance coverage is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Sorento may be costing you.
Is you occupation costing you more? – Occupational choices like doctors, social workers, and medical professionals usually pay higher rates than average because of high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers such as actors, engineers and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Deter car thieves – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Save money with higher coverage deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a ton of add-on coverages you can purchase on your Sorento policy. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Insurance loss data for a Kia Sorento – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
|Specific Kia Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD||80||86||82||110||111||94|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD||85||87||101||97||98||85|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing your policy for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- How high should deductibles be on a Kia Sorento?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Henderson who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Henderson?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
If you’re trying to find a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Henderson can either be exclusive or independent. Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Henderson willing to provide price quotes.
- Sam King – State Farm Insurance Agent
2253 N Green Valley Pkwy – Henderson, NV 89014 – (702) 435-0222 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Conner Family and Associates, LLC
30 S Water St a – Henderson, NV 89015 – (702) 564-0665 – View Map
- State Farm: Steve Arrington
325 W Lake Mead Pkwy – Henderson, NV 89015 – (702) 565-9743 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are independent agents in Henderson who can help you get rate quotes.
- Nikkol Jackson Insurance Agency
701 N Green Valley Pkwy #200 – Henderson, NV 89074 – (702) 451-9799 – View Map
- Safeco Insurance
2736 Marie Antoinette St – Henderson, NV 89044 – (866) 694-9046 – View Map
- Paradigm Insurance Agency
170 S Green Valley Pkwy #300 – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 522-0730 – View Map
Ratings for Henderson auto insurance companies
Ending up with the best car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Henderson. The company rank data in the next section can help you select which companies you want to consider when shopping around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Cost effective Kia Sorento insurance can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to find lower-cost Kia Sorento insurance in Henderson. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Kia Sorento insurance quotes. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More detailed insurance information is available in these articles:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Henderson Car Insurance Rates for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Henderson Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)