It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who compare other rates will presumably switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding lower rate quotes. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who regularly shopped around saved over $865 annually compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Henderson is your objective, then understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Henderson is to compare prices regularly from different companies who provide auto insurance in Nevada. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
The method we recommend to compare rates for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Henderson is to know most larger insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as whether you have decent credit, which vehicles you own, if you lease or own, and if a SR-22 is needed. That rating information is submitted instantly to multiple auto insurance providers and you will receive price estimates immediately.
To find lower cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Nevada. To find cheap auto insurance in Nevada, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage table shown below covers detailed analysis of insurance rates for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Understanding more about how insurance prices are determined can assist in making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$170||$324||$334||$20||$100||$948||$79|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$170||$374||$334||$20||$100||$998||$83|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$170||$374||$334||$20||$100||$998||$83|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$170||$374||$334||$20||$100||$998||$83|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$170||$374||$334||$20||$100||$998||$83|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$170||$374||$334||$20||$100||$998||$83|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$190||$324||$334||$20||$100||$968||$81|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$190||$374||$334||$20||$100||$1,018||$85|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$190||$374||$334||$20||$100||$1,018||$85|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$190||$324||$334||$20||$100||$968||$81|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$190||$324||$334||$20||$100||$968||$81|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$190||$422||$334||$20||$100||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$190||$422||$334||$20||$100||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$190||$324||$334||$20||$100||$968||$81|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$190||$324||$334||$20||$100||$968||$81|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$190||$324||$334||$20||$100||$968||$81|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$210||$374||$334||$20||$100||$1,038||$87|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$210||$374||$334||$20||$100||$1,038||$87|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$210||$374||$334||$20||$100||$1,038||$87|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$210||$374||$334||$20||$100||$1,038||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set rule to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Ram 2500 claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $300 annually to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Three reasons to insure your Dodge Ram 2500
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Nevada but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge has a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Nevada overpays as much as $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is a driver training discount available?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for liability
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 15/30/10 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Nevada state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hail damage, theft, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Ram 2500 resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Ram 2500 to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Dodge Ram 2500.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Nevada limits are 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses like funeral costs, EMT expenses, surgery, nursing services and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
We just showed you a lot of ways to lower your Dodge Ram 2500 insurance prices in Henderson. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices and even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies is less work than it seems.
More detailed car insurance information is located by following these links:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Henderson Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Henderson Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)