A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of Nevada auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in the United States can cut their rates by approximately 47% a year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
The best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Henderson is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Nevada. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a poor credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for the details to find cheap rates and earn a bigger discount.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper SS coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Be sure to place the new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at every company you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
All the larger insurance companies make it easy to get prices for coverage from their websites. The process is pretty easy as you simply type in your required coverages into the form. After you submit the form their quoting system collects reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on the data you entered.
Using the web to get rates for Chevy SS insurance in Henderson makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the best rate possible.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the coverages just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will be getting a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Nevada
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Henderson, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your SS, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Nine discounts for lower-cost car insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but some need to be inquired about before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Paperwork-free – Many larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on your computer.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used SS is cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Henderson auto insurance quote.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Henderson Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Henderson auto insurance depending on your company.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts should help lower your overall bill.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, safe vehicle, good student, and multiple autos.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers discounts include good student, early quote, new car, student away at school, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family may offer discounts for Steer into Savings, defensive driver, air bags, good driver, bundled insurance, and mySafetyValet.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new move discount, new graduate, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, newly married, and teen driver discount.
If you want affordable Henderson auto insurance quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Nevada, click here.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Nevada?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Henderson auto insurance agent
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent. Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Henderson.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to participating agents in Henderson that can provide free Henderson auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
If you’re trying to find a good Henderson insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they function. Agencies in Henderson can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both can provide insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Henderson that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
- Steve Leone and Sarah Loy (Leone and Loy Agency) representing American National Insurance Company
1368 Paseo Verde Pkwy #200a – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 368-4040 – View Map
- Yoder Insurance Ltd
283 Grand Olympia Dr – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 434-7640 – View Map
- Nikkol Jackson Insurance Agency
701 N Green Valley Pkwy #200 – Henderson, NV 89074 – (702) 451-9799 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Henderson willing to provide price quote information.
- Leon Pearson Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
1730 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy #110 – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 457-0306 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeremy Peltz
3215 St Rose Pkwy Ste 120 – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 233-8372 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: The Bell Agency
1000 N Green Valley Pkwy #450 – Henderson, NV 89074 – (702) 897-1000 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they full-time agents?
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 15/30/10 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Nevada requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like fire damage, vandalism, falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, EMT expenses and dental work. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your SS resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your SS to get cheaper collision coverage.
Shop around and save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheaper auto insurance in Henderson is attainable on the web and with local Henderson insurance agents, so you need to quote Henderson auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Henderson Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Henderson Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Henderson Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)