Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Do you need a better way to compare more competitive auto insurance rates in Henderson, NV? Henderson consumers have lots of choices when looking for the lowest priced Volkswagen Jetta insurance. You can either spend your time driving around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a Volkswagen and locate the lowest possible price either online or from Henderson insurance agents.
The best way to compare rates for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Henderson is to know the trick car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details including the make and model of your vehicles, whether you are single or married, whether or not you need a SR-22, and your education level. That information gets transmitted to many highly-rated insurers and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
To check Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Henderson, NV. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in Henderson, NV, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage table shown next showcases different insurance policy prices for Volkswagen Jetta models. Learning how insurance policy premiums are figured can benefit drivers when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$260||$550||$372||$22||$112||$1,316||$110|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$260||$550||$316||$18||$94||$1,238||$103|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$260||$550||$372||$22||$112||$1,316||$110|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$648||$372||$22||$112||$1,448||$121|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$294||$648||$316||$18||$94||$1,370||$114|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$648||$372||$22||$112||$1,448||$121|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$648||$372||$22||$112||$1,448||$121|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$294||$648||$316||$18||$94||$1,370||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can affect premium rates greatly.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders influence Volkswagen Jetta insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The information below shows the difference between Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Jetta insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Volkswagen Jetta settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $400 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance is required by state law in Nevada and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volkswagen, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $800 each year so it's recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower-cost Henderson car insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise every available discount very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Safe Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Accident Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
It's important to understand that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The example below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Travelers offers discounts including save driver, continuous insurance, home ownership, good student, student away at school, and new car.
- 21st Century includes discounts for driver training, air bags, early bird, automatic seat belts, student driver, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, good driver, safe vehicle, multiple policy, anti-theft, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, driver training, multi-policy, military active duty, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, accident prevention training, safe driver, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and good student.
It's a good idea to ask each insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
Compare prices but buy from a local Henderson insurance agency
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Henderson that can provide free Henderson auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
If you want a good Henderson insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they function. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both can handle insurance, but it's a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Henderson exclusive agents who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Helene Karp
305 N Pecos Rd c - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 436-0200 - View Map
- J.J. Tucker - State Farm Insurance Agent
10890 S Eastern Ave #115 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 616-1000 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Julia Clarke Spataro
2298 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy #104 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 897-0000 - View Map
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Henderson that can give you rate quotes.
- Nikkol Jackson Insurance Agency
701 N Green Valley Pkwy #200 - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 451-9799 - View Map
- High Desert Insurance Agency
140 E Horizon Dr - Henderson, NV 89015 - (702) 558-8587 - View Map
- Yoder Insurance Ltd
283 Grand Olympia Dr - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 434-7640 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide insurance.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Nevada?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you'll find the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Coverage for medical payments - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as pain medications, hospital visits, ambulance fees, funeral costs and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision - Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Jetta caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Jetta to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Volkswagen Jetta.
Since many Nevada drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive coverages - Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and theft. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverages - This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn't cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like attorney fees, bail bonds and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Nevada state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Cheap rates are available
Cheaper insurance in Henderson can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Henderson agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
How to buy lower priced Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Henderson
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Henderson is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Nevada.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Jetta coverage is available. If you can save money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you're comparing identical coverages on each quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Henderson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Henderson Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Henderson? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)