The recommended way to get low-cost Mercury Mountaineer insurance in Henderson is to regularly compare prices from providers in Nevada. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a bad credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. This article gives the details to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who get price quotes annually will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A survey found that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $850 each year compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for Mercury Mountaineer insurance is your target objective, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Mountaineer has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Mercury at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Rates and other information
The table displayed next covers different policy rates for Mercury Mountaineer models. Learning more about how auto insurance policy rates are figured is important for making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mountaineer Premier 2WD||$242||$468||$416||$24||$124||$1,274||$106|
|Mountaineer Premier AWD||$242||$468||$416||$24||$124||$1,274||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can modify price quotes significantly.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below shows the difference between Mercury Mountaineer auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no exact formula to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Mercury Mountaineer book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a defensive driving class can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
The example below compares Mercury Mountaineer insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, multiple autos, good driver, accident-free, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- American Family includes discounts for air bags, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, good student, bundled insurance, and good driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, federal employee, air bags, multi-policy, and driver training.
- 21st Century has savings for automatic seat belts, theft prevention, homeowners, good student, driver training, defensive driver, and early bird.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, good student, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply in every state.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Henderson auto insurance agent
Many people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Henderson that can provide free Henderson auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Henderson should know the answers to these questions.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- If they are an independent agency in Henderson, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Henderson?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they work. Henderson agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Henderson who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you should always include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Henderson that are able to give price quotes.
2736 Marie Antoinette St – Henderson, NV 89044 – (866) 694-9046 – View Map
Insurance is unique, just like you
Always remember that when buying the best insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Henderson auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the best company can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Nevada. The ranking information listed below may help you choose which insurers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Henderson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Henderson Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Don’t give up on affordable rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents. Affordable Mercury Mountaineer insurance in Henderson can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Henderson agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
Much more information about auto insurance in Nevada can be found on the following sites:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Henderson? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)