Do you want a faster way to compare cheaper Chevy Volt insurance in Henderson? Trying to find better insurance prices for a new or used Chevy Volt in Nevada can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for your Chevy and locate the cheapest rates.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews since prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the best rate on Chevy Volt insurance in Henderson six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the proper way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Henderson, NV. To get the best cheap car insurance in Nevada, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy Volt. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Smart Buyers Know How to Find Car Insurance at a Discount
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels. Many things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Credit score impact car insurance prices – Your credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Volt by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower ratings.
Gender is a factor – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Women and men are in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most larger car insurance companies afford discounts to clients that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Vocation impacts rates – Careers such as judges, architects, and accountants are shown to have higher average rates because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations like scientists, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Responsible drivers pay less – Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single speeding ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who get multiple citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Insurance loss data for Chevy Volt vehicles – Insurers use past insurance losses when setting premium costs. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Chevy Volt vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Volt Electric||89||83||81||71||73||90|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Chevy Volt insurance in Henderson with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some insurance companies.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Paperwork-free – Some larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- No Accidents – Henderson drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims before the accident.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to view insurance companies with the best discounts in Henderson, click here to view.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying your policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Chevy Volt?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is my Chevy Volt covered for smoke damage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Local agents and insurance
Some people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agents is definitely important in Henderson.
By using this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Henderson who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Different types of Henderson car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with many different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to contact a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Henderson that can give you pricing information.
- Steve Leone and Sarah Loy (Leone and Loy Agency) representing American National Insurance Company
1368 Paseo Verde Pkwy #200a – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 368-4040 – View Map
- All Star Insurance Agency
10120 S. Eastern Ave, Suite 200 – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 660-6618 – View Map
- Safeco Insurance
2736 Marie Antoinette St – Henderson, NV 89044 – (866) 694-9046 – View Map
These type of agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Henderson exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Christopher Sutter
11201 S Eastern Ave #110 – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 260-8589 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Conner Family and Associates, LLC
30 S Water St a – Henderson, NV 89015 – (702) 564-0665 – View Map
- Randy Wilcox – State Farm Insurance Agent
11115 S Eastern Ave #130 – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 617-9111 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How are claims handled?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Don’t give up on affordable rates
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented many tips how you can save on Chevy Volt insurance in Henderson. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Chevy Volt insurance in Henderson
Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable Chevy Volt insurance in Henderson is to compare prices once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in Nevada.
- Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Volt insurance. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important note is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Henderson Car Insurance Rates for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)