Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who compare other prices are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey found that consumers who regularly shopped around saved on average $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Henderson is the reason for your visit, learning how to get price quotes and compare auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable Lincoln Continental insurance in Henderson is to do an annual price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Nevada. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and bad credit can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional tips to get cheaper coverage and find missing discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know most insurance companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like marital status, driver details, what you do for a living, and if you went to college. That rating information is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
To compare cheap Lincoln Continental insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Henderson, NV. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Nevada, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurance providers do not list every discount available very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- College Student – College-age children living away from Henderson attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good student.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, accident-free, good student, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Travelers discounts include home ownership, early quote, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, new car, save driver, and good student.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, teen safe driver, homeowner, safe driver, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Henderson. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Henderson, follow this link.
Auto insurance is not optional in Nevada
Despite the high cost, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lincoln, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Lincoln Continental and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Nevada auto insurance company ratings
Choosing a good quality insurer can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Nevada. The company information below may help you pick which car insurance companies to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Henderson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Insurance agents can help
A small number of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Types of car insurance agents
When looking for an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Henderson are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Henderson who may provide you with price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Steven Schiebel
1590 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy #120 – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 451-4565 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: The Bell Agency
1000 N Green Valley Pkwy #450 – Henderson, NV 89074 – (702) 897-1000 – View Map
- Dino DeGregorio – State Farm Insurance Agent
3037 W Hrzn Rg Pkwy Ste 100 – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 982-0696 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are Henderson independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Nikkol Jackson Insurance Agency
701 N Green Valley Pkwy #200 – Henderson, NV 89074 – (702) 451-9799 – View Map
- Steve Leone and Sarah Loy (Leone and Loy Agency) representing American National Insurance Company
1368 Paseo Verde Pkwy #200a – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 368-4040 – View Map
- Carl R Forman Insurance Agency
70 E Horizon Ridge Pkwy – Henderson, NV 89002 – (702) 732-7675 – View Map