It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate will presumably move their business because they have a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who shopped around every year saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to people who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on auto insurance is your ultimate goal, knowing the best ways to shop for auto insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost Dodge Challenger insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in Henderson. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides information to help prevent expensive coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Henderson. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that help determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower rates. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Listed below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine premiums.
How many coverages with the same company – Many insurance companies allow lower prices to policyholders who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Defend yourself with liability – Liability coverage will provide protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
Safety ratings are a factor – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If your Dodge Challenger has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Gender as a rate factor – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Challenger annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates for Dodge Challenger insurance in Henderson takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including if you have an active license, an estimate of your credit level, which vehicles you own, and daily mileage. Your details is then sent to all major companies and they return quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Nevada. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in NV, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Insurance data for a Dodge Challenger
The rate information shown below covers a range of insurance policy prices for Dodge Challenger models. Learning a little about how rates are calculated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can revise prices greatly.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can change Dodge Challenger insurance premiums for each age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The example below shows how violations and accidents drive up Dodge Challenger insurance rates for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Dodge Challenger liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Challenger auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Challenger settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $600 annually to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Three good reasons to insure your Dodge Challenger
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Score discounts on Henderson car insurance
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive better car insurance rates.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Challenger insurance in Henderson.
- Sign Early and Save – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Henderson auto insurance online.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Online Discount – A few larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on your computer.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Club Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Challenger premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
Insurance is available from agents near you
A lot of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Henderson.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Henderson who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Henderson that are able to give price quote information for Dodge Challenger insurance in Henderson.
- Lisa Downer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1450 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy b302 – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 492-6287 – View Map
- Karen Wright – State Farm Insurance Agent
213 N Stephanie St f – Henderson, NV 89074 – (702) 260-9800 – View Map
- Steve Leone and Sarah Loy (Leone and Loy Agency) representing American National Insurance Company
1368 Paseo Verde Pkwy #200a – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 368-4040 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Dean Dorn
1021 Whitney Ranch Dr – Henderson, NV 89014 – (702) 458-4944 – View Map
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Henderson should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Henderson?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
If you feel you receive positive feedback to your questions and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance company that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy. It’s important to know that policyholders can cancel a policy whenever you want so never assume that you’re stuck with any particular company with no way out.
Frequent quotes can save
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
A few companies may not offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. Cost effective Dodge Challenger insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much is Henderson Car Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Henderson Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)