Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who get price quotes annually are highly likely to move their business because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $865 annually compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on Chevy Equinox insurance is the reason you’re here, knowing the best ways to shop for insurance premiums can save money and time.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount Chevy Equinox insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Henderson. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides more information to find cheap prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Equinox coverage is available in Henderson. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s important to know that more quotes helps improve the odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Nevada. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Henderson, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect more than your Chevy vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Equinox in Henderson, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your Chevy and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance rate breakdown
The price information shown next outlines detailed analysis of rate quotes for Chevy Equinox models. Being aware of how insurance quotes are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$142||$248||$314||$18||$94||$816||$68|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$142||$248||$314||$18||$94||$816||$68|
|Equinox LS AWD||$142||$248||$314||$18||$94||$816||$68|
|Equinox LT AWD||$142||$248||$314||$18||$94||$816||$68|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$162||$292||$314||$18||$94||$880||$73|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$162||$292||$314||$18||$94||$880||$73|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$162||$292||$314||$18||$94||$880||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase rates substantially.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Chevy Equinox yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact rule of when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Equinox replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your auto insurance provider.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below compares Chevy Equinox car insurance rates with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are:
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include alternative fuel, good student, early shopping, switch companies, multi-car, teen driver, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for youthful driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, safe driver, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, defensive driving training, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, seat belt use, defensive driver, and federal employee.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, drive less, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-car, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, good student, and new graduate.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. For a list of auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Nevada, click here.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A small number of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Henderson that can give you free Henderson car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you are wanting to find local Henderson agents, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Henderson can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Henderson who can help you get price quote information.
- Brendon Walker – State Farm Insurance Agent
4027 E Sunset Rd – Henderson, NV 89014 – (702) 456-6791 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Helene Karp
305 N Pecos Rd c – Henderson, NV 89074 – (702) 436-0200 – View Map
- Lisa Downer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1450 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy b302 – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 492-6287 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
The following are Henderson independent agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Steve Leone and Sarah Loy (Leone and Loy Agency) representing American National Insurance Company
1368 Paseo Verde Pkwy #200a – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 368-4040 – View Map
- Carl R Forman Insurance Agency
70 E Horizon Ridge Pkwy – Henderson, NV 89002 – (702) 732-7675 – View Map
- Balsiger Insurance
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 – Las Vegas, NV 89120 – (702) 220-8640 – View Map
Once you have received good feedback to your questions and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can adequately provide car insurance. But keep in mind consumers can terminate coverage at any point so never feel that you are obligated to any particular company with no way to switch.
More effort can pay off
Cheaper auto insurance in Henderson can be sourced online and with local Henderson insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver or even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to reduce Chevy Equinox insurance premium rates online in Henderson. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company.
Additional auto insurance information is located at the links below
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Henderson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Henderson Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)