Kia Sportage insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
To save the most money, the best way to find discount Kia Sportage insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Henderson. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations and poor credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. As soon as you can, store the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One thing to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This enables a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
A recent study showed that most insurance policyholders in Nevada kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. American drivers could save an average of $860 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Henderson seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to save money using this strategy. Although Nevada vehicle owners must comprehend the way insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Affordable car insurance in Henderson, NV
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Nevada. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Henderson, we recommend you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Data for Kia Sportage insurance
The rate information displayed below highlights different insurance policy prices for Kia Sportage models. Being aware of how auto insurance prices are formulated is important for you to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$198||$386||$348||$20||$104||$1,056||$88|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$198||$386||$348||$20||$104||$1,056||$88|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$228||$470||$348||$20||$104||$1,170||$98|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$228||$470||$348||$20||$104||$1,170||$98|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$228||$470||$348||$20||$104||$1,170||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence premium rates significantly.
Kia Sportage full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below shows the difference between Kia Sportage yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Kia Sportage claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Check for these discounts on Kia Sportage insurance in Henderson
Auto insurance companies don't always publicize every discount very well, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military could mean lower prices.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow companies to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents pay much less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Memberships - Being in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Kia Sportage car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for defensive driver, good driver, online shopper, paid-in-full, Pac-12 alumni, and claim free.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, good student, new vehicle discount, newly married, and new move discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for anti-lock brakes, group or association, good student, anti-theft, teen driver, and air bags.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, military active duty, seat belt use, good student, and driver training.
If you want low cost Henderson auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Henderson.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper rates and also buy local.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Henderson who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How are claims handled?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Henderson?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Henderson?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Henderson
When finding a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Henderson can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are trained well on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Henderson that can give you price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance: Dean Dorn
1021 Whitney Ranch Dr - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 458-4944 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Ronald Fowler
2470 St Rose Pkwy Suite 315 - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 478-5720 - View Map
- Randy Wilcox - State Farm Insurance Agent
11115 S Eastern Ave #130 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 617-9111 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, we recommend you check rates from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are Henderson independent insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Express Auto Insurance LLC
1371 W Warm Springs Rd - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 907-0000 - View Map
- Safeco Insurance
2736 Marie Antoinette St - Henderson, NV 89044 - (866) 694-9046 - View Map
- All Star Insurance Agency
10120 S. Eastern Ave, Suite 200 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 660-6618 - View Map
Don't give up on cheap coverage
Budget-conscious Kia Sportage insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Henderson, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
While you're price shopping online, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers or policy non-renewal. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Henderson Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Henderson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Henderson Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)