It takes a little time, but the best way to save on auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Henderson.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Henderson. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Anyone knows that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year will presumably move their business because there is a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who routinely compared quotes saved approximately $72 a month compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the best price on insurance in Henderson is why you’re here, then knowing the best way to shop and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
The are a couple different ways to compare prices from many different Nevada insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find competitive Lincoln MKZ insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to drive around to all the different insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates this option unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible with some companies comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
It’s important to know that comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating the best price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so it’s important to compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Henderson, NV. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Driving Data Discount – Henderson drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Lincoln can qualify you for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current MKZ insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Distant Student – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKZ auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Insurance coverage analysis
The rate information below showcases detailed analysis of coverage costs for Lincoln MKZ models. Learning how insurance premiums are determined can aid in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$670||$470||$28||$140||$1,606||$134|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$670||$470||$28||$140||$1,606||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise premiums substantially.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The information below illustrates how violations and accidents raise Lincoln MKZ auto insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age
The example below compares Lincoln MKZ car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Henderson
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKZ insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact formula for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Lincoln MKZ book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Buying from insurance agencies
A lot of people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is especially important in Henderson.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Henderson that provide free Henderson car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Auto insurance agents in Henderson come in two varieties
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they work. Henderson agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Henderson that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Steve Leone and Sarah Loy (Leone and Loy Agency) representing American National Insurance Company
1368 Paseo Verde Pkwy #200a – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 368-4040 – View Map
All Star Insurance Agency
10120 S. Eastern Ave, Suite 200 – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 660-6618 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Henderson that are able to give price quotes.
Sam King – State Farm Insurance Agent
2253 N Green Valley Pkwy – Henderson, NV 89014 – (702) 435-0222 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How long has their agency been open in Henderson?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Safer cars lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you.
Younger drivers pay more – Teen drivers in Nevada are proven to be easily distracted when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Premiums may be lower depending on your vocation – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as judges, business owners, and emergency personnel usually pay the highest average rates due to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Other jobs like actors, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
When should you not file claims? – Insurance companies in Nevada generally give cheaper rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Policy add-ons may be wasting money – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Lincoln MKZ claim statistics – Auto insurance companies use claims history to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Lincoln MKZ vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKZ 4dr 2WD||137||85||107||95||89||75|
|Lincoln MKZ 4dr 4WD||140||82||126||99|
|Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr||148||84||100||74||82||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing the best Lincoln MKZ insurance in Nevada is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Henderson, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lincoln MKZ, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your Lincoln MKZ and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance companies ranked
Finding a high-quality auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Henderson. The company ratings in the lists below may help you choose which insurers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Henderson Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
We just presented many tips how you can reduce Lincoln MKZ insurance rates online in Henderson. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Henderson car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is less work than it seems.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Much are Henderson Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Henderson Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Henderson Car Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)