A study showed that a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Many consumers in the U.S. could save nearly $859 every year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Nissan Sentra insurance in Henderson is to compare prices once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Nevada.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more information to find cheap rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Sentra coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key thing to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that are used to determine your premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices. Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Do you really need to file those auto insurance claims? – Car insurance companies in Nevada generally give discounts to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Consider raising coverage deductibles – The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. They both are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
The example below shows the comparison of Nissan Sentra insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Prevent auto insurance lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Nevada DMV.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Many companies apply better rates for people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare Nissan Sentra rates in Henderson to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still be able to save more without the discount by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Tickets inflate rates – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers with severe violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents can drive up Nissan Sentra insurance costs for each different age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce auto insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent your car from being stolen.
Liability coverage claims can be big – Liability coverage is the protection if ever you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Claims statistics for a Nissan Sentra – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Sentra vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
It’s important to know that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Henderson Sentra insurance quotes, so you need to compare rates from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Nevada. To buy cheap car insurance in NV, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The premium table displayed next highlights estimates of insurance policy prices for Nissan Sentra models. Learning more about how policy rates are figured can help drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$110||$292||$348||$20||$104||$874||$73|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$110||$292||$348||$20||$104||$874||$73|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$126||$292||$348||$20||$104||$890||$74|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$126||$336||$348||$20||$104||$934||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower premiums considerably.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Nissan Sentra insurance rates for each age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Henderson, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your Nissan Sentra and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Nevada is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Nissan Sentra insurance discounts in Henderson
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application digitally online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get reduced rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents get the best insurance rates in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Henderson auto insurance quote.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below compares Nissan Sentra insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and older, driver training, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, and air bags.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver’s education, safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple policy, defensive driving training, good driver, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, business or organization, good student, and family plan.
- Esurance offers discounts including homeowner, good driver, Pac-12 alumni, safety device, defensive driver, claim free, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, driver training, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in every state. For a list of insurance companies with the best Nissan Sentra insurance discounts in Henderson, click this link.
Compare prices but work with a local Henderson insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to talk to a local agent. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in Henderson.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Henderson that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Car insurance agents in Henderson come in two varieties
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Henderson agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Henderson who may provide price quote information.
- Express Auto Insurance LLC
1371 W Warm Springs Rd – Henderson, NV 89014 – (702) 907-0000 – View Map
- All Nevada Insurance
10624 S Eastern Ave # L – Henderson, NV 89052 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Balsiger Insurance
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 – Las Vegas, NV 89120 – (702) 220-8640 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Henderson exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Jeremy Peltz
3215 St Rose Pkwy Ste 120 – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 233-8372 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Bonnie Grant
223 S Water St b – Henderson, NV 89015 – (702) 279-4299 – View Map
- Randy Wilcox – State Farm Insurance Agent
11115 S Eastern Ave #130 – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 617-9111 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
More quotes mean more insurance savings
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, high prices or policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Nissan Sentra insurance car insurance rates online in Henderson. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
As you quote Henderson auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional information can be read below:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Henderson? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)