The most effective way to get affordable Ford Edge insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in Henderson.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Don’t forget to store the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop for lower prices will most likely switch insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding better rates. A survey found that people who compared rates once a year saved as much as $70 a month compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is your target objective, understanding how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can save money and time.
Compare free Henderson Ford Edge insurance quotes
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is not rocket science. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time getting comparison quotes from some recommended companies.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it makes it obsolete to go to and from local Henderson insurance agencies. The ability to quote Ford Edge insurance online makes this unnecessary unless your situation requires the personal advice only provided by licensed Henderson agents. Drivers can get prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Nevada. To find the best cheap car insurance in Nevada, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Data for Ford Edge insurance
The information shown next highlights detailed analysis of rate quotes for Ford Edge models. Knowing how insurance policy rates are formulated can aid in making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Edge SE 2WD||$146||$260||$324||$20||$96||$846||$71|
|Edge SE AWD||$146||$318||$324||$20||$96||$904||$75|
|Edge SEL 2WD||$146||$318||$324||$20||$96||$904||$75|
|Edge Limited 2WD||$146||$318||$324||$20||$96||$904||$75|
|Edge SEL AWD||$146||$318||$324||$20||$96||$904||$75|
|Edge Limited AWD||$166||$374||$324||$20||$96||$980||$82|
|Edge Sport 2WD||$166||$374||$324||$20||$96||$980||$82|
|Edge Sport AWD||$166||$374||$324||$20||$96||$980||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific Henderson garaging location which can impact coverage prices noticeably.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Ford Edge insurance premiums for each different age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Protect more than your Ford Edge
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Edge are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Seven factors that affect insurance rates
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels. Many things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Better car insurance rates with anti-theft devices – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart auto theft.
Age of drivers impacts prices – Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Higher coverage deductibles cost less – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Do you need those extra policy coverages? – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Edge policy. Things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Annual miles impacts premiums – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated Edge may be costing you higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy reflects annual mileage.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Most larger insurance companies afford better rates to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still save money by splitting coverages up.
What type of vehicle do you drive? – The type of car or truck you need insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following chart is based on a married male driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Ford Edge insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
Ford Edge insurance claim data – Insurers analyze past claim statistics to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford Edge vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Ford Edge Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Edge 4dr 2WD 53 93 Ford Edge 4dr 4WD 71 108 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Will just any policy work for me?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Best car insurance in Henderson
Ending up with a highly-rated car insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Nevada. The company ratings below may help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Shop around and save
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Ford Edge insurance prices online in Henderson. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper car insurance in Henderson can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at these sites:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Henderson? (FAQ)
- How Much are Henderson Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Henderson Car Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Henderson Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)