Really, the only way to get discount Chevy Traverse insurance in Henderson is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies in Nevada. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates such as your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover tips to prevent high rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, place the new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who compare other rates are likely to switch car insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent study showed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the most affordable Chevy Traverse insurance in Henderson is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into how to compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
Men pay more for insurance coverage – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders have fender benders in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The example below compares Chevy Traverse car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
- Liability insurance risk factors – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Big cities have higher costs – Being located in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers tend to have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Traverse policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing, and term life insurance are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment initially, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Driver age impacts rates – Teen drivers in Nevada have been known to be more careless when driving with friends therefore insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teenage driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Responsible drivers pay less – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten serious citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can impact Chevy Traverse car insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Raising deductibles lowers costs – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Chevy from damage. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less your insurance will be.
- Your employer can affect rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like doctors, architects, and financial analysts are shown to have the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and long work hours. Other jobs like actors, athletes and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Chevy Traverse claim statistics – Companies analyze past claim statistics in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Chevy Traverse vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Chevrolet Traverse Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 2WD 75 101 72 93 90 90 Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 4WD 72 91 82 78 76 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Finding a lower price on insurance is actually quite simple. You just need to invest a little time comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Henderson, NV. To get cheap car insurance in Henderson, NV, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The rate table shown next showcases detailed analysis of insurance rates for Chevy Traverse models. Having a good grasp of how policy premiums are formulated can be useful when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$242||$362||$270||$16||$80||$970||$81|
|Traverse LS AWD||$272||$362||$270||$16||$80||$1,000||$83|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$272||$362||$270||$16||$80||$1,000||$83|
|Traverse LT AWD||$272||$440||$270||$16||$80||$1,078||$90|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$272||$440||$270||$16||$80||$1,078||$90|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$272||$440||$270||$16||$80||$1,078||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can revise auto insurance rates noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Chevy Traverse insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance is not optional in Nevada
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Traverse in Henderson, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your Chevy and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Some companies don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Henderson auto insurance online.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Claim-Free Discount – Henderson drivers who stay claim-free pay less compared to bad drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable driving data collection to monitor their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Henderson auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will lower your overall premium however.
The diagram below compares Chevy Traverse insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for teen driver, anti-lock brakes, driver training, 55 and older, and early bird.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including easy pay, anti-theft, business or organization, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance includes discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, and good student.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, defensive driver, and driver training.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Henderson. To see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Nevada, click here.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is sent to companies in Henderson who will give you quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the differences because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company like State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people use the same agent primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive agencies in Henderson who can help you get rate quotes.
- Martha Pailes – State Farm Insurance Agent
613 N Stephanie St – Henderson, NV 89014 – (702) 451-0123 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Westra
205 N Stephanie St e – Henderson, NV 89074 – (702) 435-4211 – View Map
- Amber Aiello – State Farm Insurance Agent
2200 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy a – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 616-4663 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Henderson who can help you get price quote information.
- All Star Insurance Agency
10120 S. Eastern Ave, Suite 200 – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 660-6618 – View Map
- All Nevada Insurance
10624 S Eastern Ave # L – Henderson, NV 89052 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Balsiger Insurance
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 – Las Vegas, NV 89120 – (702) 220-8640 – View Map
After receiving acceptable answers as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles.
Which auto insurance company is best in Nevada?
Finding a highly-rated insurer can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Henderson. The information listed below can help you analyze which car insurance companies to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Henderson Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Henderson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
You can lower your insurance rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
Cheaper Chevy Traverse insurance in Henderson is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Henderson agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Henderson Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Henderson Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)