Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Consumers in Henderson could save up to $500 a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop around.
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Henderson.
- Get an understanding of coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to help prevent expensive coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Our objective is to introduce you to the most effective way to quote insurance and how to save the most money. Although Nevada car owners must know how big insurance companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
All the larger auto insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage prices direct online. Getting online quotes is quite easy because you just enter your required coverages into a form. When the form is submitted, the quote system will obtain your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on many factors.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to find the cheapest price on auto insurance.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter your coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting a fair comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Nevada. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Henderson, NV, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$860||$430||$72|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$816||$408||$68|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$874||$437||$73|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$894||$447||$75|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$754||$377||$63|
|Ford Explorer Limited 4WD||$836||$418||$70|
|Ford F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$836||$418||$70|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$842||$421||$70|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$918||$459||$77|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$692||$346||$58|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$880||$440||$73|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$692||$346||$58|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$880||$440||$73|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$874||$437||$73|
|Toyota Camry LE||$816||$408||$68|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$880||$440||$73|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$836||$418||$70|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in your specific Henderson location which can increase or decrease coverage prices considerably.
Affordable Henderson auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Henderson auto insurance online.
- Henderson Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Henderson may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Henderson and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and passive restraint.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen driver, theft prevention, homeowners, student driver, and early bird.
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, early bird, accident-free, bundled insurance, air bags, and Steer into Savings.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, good student, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and multi-car.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Henderson auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Henderson.
Quote more affordable car insurance with these tips
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in cheaper rates.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you will pay for car insurance. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating properly reflects annual mileage.
- Better car insurance rates on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If your car has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Adjust physical damage deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Lots of car insurance companies afford discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find lower rates by buying insurance from more than one company.