If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Henderson is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Nevada.
- Step 1: Try to understand how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that increase rates such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for additional ideas to help keep prices low and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, put the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
A study showed that over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many drivers in Nevada could save themselves approximately 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop around.
Finding a better price on car insurance is a great way to save money. The only thing you need to do is take the time to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Pontiac but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $830 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to save money.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates. Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but others are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine premiums.
With age comes responsibility – Teenage drivers in Nevada tend to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a youthful driver onto your auto insurance can be quite pricey. Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Policy add-ons add up – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and term life insurance are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Never let your policy expire – Going without insurance will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Cautious drivers pay better rates – Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have severe tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Be proud to be claim-free – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Nevada provide the best rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
Raise your comp and collision deductibles for better premiums – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before being credited.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Montana can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Online Discount – Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include youthful driver, alternative fuel, switch companies, pay in full, and multi-car.
- Esurance has discounts for multi-car, renters, multi-policy, online shopper, good student, homeowner, and good driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, good student, air bags, seat belt use, military active duty, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate discounts include premier plus, eSmart discount, early signing, 55 and retired, utility vehicle, senior citizen, and resident student.
If you want the cheapest Pontiac Montana rate quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What happens if I owe more than my Pontiac Montana is worth?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Nevada?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance agents can help
A lot of people would rather talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Putting coverage with small agencies is important especially in Henderson.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Henderson who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Listed below are agents in Henderson that may be willing to give price quote information for Pontiac Montana insurance in Henderson.
- Allstate Insurance: Helene Karp
305 N Pecos Rd c – Henderson, NV 89074 – (702) 436-0200 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Sean Stewart Agency Inc.
2520 St Rose Pkwy #103 – Henderson, NV 89074 – (702) 479-1570 – View Map
- Safeco Insurance
2736 Marie Antoinette St – Henderson, NV 89044 – (866) 694-9046 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: The Bell Agency
1000 N Green Valley Pkwy #450 – Henderson, NV 89074 – (702) 897-1000 – View Map
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- If they are an independent agency in Henderson, which companies do they recommend?
Be persistent to save money
We just showed you many tips how you can compare Pontiac Montana insurance rates in Henderson. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
When getting Henderson auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high prices, policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Journey in Henderson? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Henderson? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)