A recent auto insurance study revealed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Consumers in Nevada can save 35% each year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop their coverage around.
Really, the only way to find low-cost Buick Enclave insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Henderson.
- Read and learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and a negative credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Once received, place the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Components of Your Buick Enclave Insurance Rates
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help determine your insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Prevent theft and lower premiums – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices will generally be found on small economy passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The next chart assumes a married male driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Buick Enclave policy rates compared to other models that have different risk factors.
- High credit scores save money – Your credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your Buick Enclave by improving your credit score. People with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Adjust coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Buick. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose define how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Annual mileage impacts costs – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Autos that are left in the garage receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. A policy that improperly rates your Enclave is just wasting money. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance coverage properly reflects the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Buy as much liability protection as you can afford – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Are females or males drivers cheaper? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males are in fender benders in similar percentages, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The example below illustrates the difference between Buick Enclave insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
- More stress means more cost – Occupations such as lawyers, air traffic controllers, and miners have higher average rates in part from job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations such as scientists, engineers and performers have lower than average premiums.
Buick Enclave insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Buick Enclave vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Buick Enclave Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD 85 101 83 67 63 81 Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD 93 110 92 64 62 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The coverage table displayed next highlights estimates of policy rates for Buick Enclave models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are formulated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$160||$336||$400||$24||$120||$1,040||$87|
|Enclave CX AWD||$160||$336||$400||$24||$120||$1,040||$87|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$160||$336||$400||$24||$120||$1,040||$87|
|Enclave XL AWD||$178||$336||$400||$24||$120||$1,058||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can change prices significantly.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The example below demonstrates how citations and accidents influence Buick Enclave premium costs for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The chart below compares Buick Enclave insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Nevada minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There isn’t a steadfast formula to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Buick Enclave replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Cheaper rates on Buick Enclave insurance in Henderson with these discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
The chart below compares Buick Enclave insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, mySafetyValet, good driver, defensive driver, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, passive restraint, good driver, accident-free, multiple autos, multiple policy, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts including defensive driver, air bags, early bird, anti-lock brakes, good student, and theft prevention.
- Travelers may offer discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, early quote, payment discounts, and multi-car.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
Check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Savings might not apply everywhere.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Cheaper auto insurance in Henderson can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Henderson, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Buick Enclave insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Henderson car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with an unexpected company. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much is Henderson Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Henderson Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Henderson Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)