The recommended way to save money on Kia Spectra insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers in Henderson.
First, take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. Compare rates
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices will probably switch auto insurance companies because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that people who shopped around every year saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on insurance is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of the best way to compare insurance rates can make the process more efficient.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate. Not every company provides Henderson Spectra insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Henderson, NV. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Henderson, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance rates
Some providers don’t always list all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Henderson auto insurance quote.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their company to look at vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Henderson and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, bundle, good student, driver training, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, age of vehicle, professional/association, annual mileage, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, driver training, federal employee, seat belt use, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, good student, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple autos, student away at school, and accident-free.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply everywhere. For a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Henderson, follow this link.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Their Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower rates. Many factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is.
Occupation impacts premiums – Occupations like doctors, police officers, and accountants are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
Cheaper auto insurance rates using theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart vehicle theft.
Gender and auto insurance costs – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. They both tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
City dwellers may pay more – Choosing to live in a small town may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. More time behind the wheel can result in more accidents.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many drivers prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Henderson that can provide free Henderson auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent in Henderson should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How long has their agency been open in Henderson?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Below are agents in Henderson who can help you get comparison quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Henderson.
- Allstate Insurance: Conner Family and Associates, LLC
30 S Water St a – Henderson, NV 89015 – (702) 564-0665 – View Map
- Cassidy Arbeli – State Farm Insurance Agent
693 N Valle Verde Dr Ste 4 – Henderson, NV 89014 – (702) 902-1909 – View Map
- Avenue Insurance Agency
1258 Rising Cloud Cir – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 933-3289 – View Map
- All Nevada Insurance
10624 S Eastern Ave # L – Henderson, NV 89052 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
After you get positive responses to your questions and cheap Spectra insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an provider that is reputable and can service your policy. Just be aware that you have the power to cancel coverage at any time so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to your new company for the full policy term.
One last note
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper Kia Spectra insurance in Henderson can be purchased on the web in addition to many Henderson insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide online rate quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal or even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More detailed car insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Mazda CX-7 in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)