Did you make the mistake of buying an under-performing, overpriced auto insurance policy? Say no more because there are many Henderson drivers thinking the same thing.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop around will probably switch companies because there is a high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved approximately $72 a month compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Henderson is why you’re here, then learning about the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive persitently shower you with ads and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and find the best price available.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Better rates on safer vehicles – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Dodge has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Most larger insurers apply lower prices to buyers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
Use credit responsibly and save – A driver’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Caliber if you clean up your credit. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
What type of car, truck or SUV do you drive? – The make and model of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest rates are usually for economy passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below uses these assumptions: married male driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Dodge Caliber insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance risks.
Premiums drop with age – More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The data below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Henderson, NV. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Henderson, NV, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Data for Dodge Caliber insurance
The table displayed next covers a range of rate quotes for Dodge Caliber models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance premiums are determined can help guide drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect coverage rates substantially.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions raise Dodge Caliber annual premium costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Dodge Caliber insurance rates by gender
The chart below compares Dodge Caliber insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why you need insurance for your Dodge vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Caliber in Henderson, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Nevada but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Dodge and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so shop around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Some providers do not advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Allstate permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Henderson car insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow their company to look at where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Dodge Caliber premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
To locate insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Henderson, click here.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent. Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find better rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Henderson.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to companies in Henderson who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a local agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Henderson who can help you get free rate quotes.
2736 Marie Antoinette St – Henderson, NV 89044 – (866) 694-9046 – View Map
Steve Leone and Sarah Loy (Leone and Loy Agency) representing American National Insurance Company
1368 Paseo Verde Pkwy #200a – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 368-4040 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are Henderson exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Choosing a car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Henderson?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does their agency support local causes in Henderson?
Once you have satisfactory answers to these questions and locked in a price quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide insurance coverage. Just remember you can terminate coverage for any reason so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for the entire policy term.
Quote more and you will save more
Low-cost Dodge Caliber insurance in Henderson is available both online in addition to many Henderson insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented many ideas to get a better price on Dodge Caliber insurance in Henderson. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Henderson car insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Henderson car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Steps to finding more affordable Dodge Caliber insurance in Henderson
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Henderson is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Nevada. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like your driving record and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Find a Henderson insurance agent
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Caliber insurance in Henderson. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Henderson Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Henderson Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Henderson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)