The recommended way to find more affordable Honda CR-V insurance in Henderson is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in Nevada.
- Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a poor credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for more details to help keep prices low and find missing discounts.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in Nevada being $1,600, drivers can save up to $550 each year, but they won’t spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you have coverage now or need new coverage, use these tips to buy cheaper car insurance without reducing protection. Locating the best rates in Henderson is not that difficult. Smart shoppers just need to understand the quickest method to compare different rates from many different companies online.
The following companies provide free quotes in Nevada. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Henderson, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of Honda CR-V rates
The rate table shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Honda CR-V models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are established can be useful when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$236||$330||$344||$20||$102||$1,032||$86|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$236||$330||$344||$20||$102||$1,032||$86|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$236||$330||$344||$20||$102||$1,032||$86|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$272||$330||$344||$20||$102||$1,068||$89|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$272||$330||$344||$20||$102||$1,068||$89|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$272||$330||$344||$20||$102||$1,068||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Henderson which can influence insurance rates significantly.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Henderson
The diagram below shows the comparison of Honda CR-V car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no set rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Honda CR-V book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Auto insurance in Nevada serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required in Nevada but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda CR-V, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to save money.
Components of Your Honda CR-V Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
Rates increase with driving citations – Having a clean driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even one moving violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better prices than bad drivers. People who have license-revoking violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions increase Honda CR-V insurance prices for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Women tend to take less risk – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men have auto accidents in similar numbers, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Honda CR-V car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
City traffic equals higher rates – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. People who live in big cities have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
How much liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Where do you drive? – Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles left parked in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your CR-V can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Small claims can cost you – Companies in Nevada generally give lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Avoid policy lapses – Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time.
Honda CR-V insurance loss data – Insurers use past insurance losses when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The data below shows the insurance loss data for Honda CR-V vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD||68||81||58||93||86||77|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD||69||82||69||90||87||78|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save with these premium slashing discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Henderson car insurance online.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when getting a Henderson car insurance quote.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to spy on driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Henderson car insurance with certain companies.
- Good Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Honda may allow you to get cheaper prices.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Honda CR-V insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Nevada state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered on policies in your state. To choose insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Nevada, click here.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Nevada?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Henderson who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a provider should include more criteria than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
After you get satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurer that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you have the power to cancel your coverage at any time so don’t think you are locked into any specific company for the full term.
Get the best coverage at the best price
Low-cost Honda CR-V insurance in Henderson can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to reduce Honda CR-V insurance car insurance rates online in Henderson. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions or even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Henderson Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic in Henderson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Henderson? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)